Take One Black Photo Box
One Favourite Art Calendar
create two French Waiter stand up "photo dolls"
A minature table with bread, wine glasses & cheese
Mount old ceiling tin to the ceiling
Paper the walls and lay a "tiled" floor
Add baseboards around the inside of the box
Add a recessed picture window wall
Glue an outdoor scene to the back of the box
Mount Mucha Art on the walls
Electrify the box with real lights
Plug the lights in and admire your creation
Meet Monsieur Edgar
and Monsieur Henri
Come join me in my Paris bistro for wine & cheese!
I adore the whimsy of Guy Buffet's art, especially his French restaurant scenes! This is my tribute to this wonderful French artist who brings a wide smile to my face and a chuckle to my heart.
It is also my personal "memory shrine" of many wonderful days, weeks and months spent in
- funky Paris bistros drinking coffee and eating Petit Pain au Chocolat (brioche dough baked around a piece of chocolate);
- lunching on the steps of Sacre Coeur Cathedral on warm, sunny, spring days;
- skipping merrily along the left bank of the Seine;
- experiencing pure joy in my heart in my many wanderings through the Louvre;
- feeling mesmerized and deeply moved by the majestic sounds of the organ in Notre Dame Cathedral;
- smacking my lips in total delight sampling the delicious cuisine and wine of Alsace;
- the experience of true freedom flying gliders in the Loire Valley each summer;
- singing the French children's song "Le Pont d'Avignon" at the top of my lungs the first time I saw the bridge at Avignon and
- admiring, for hours and hours, the simply magnificent windows in the Chartre Cathedral.